Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Faithful AND Just? Amazing!


All of God's attributes are glorious beyond the limits of my understanding. But, at different times and in different ways, certain and specific characteristics become more glorious in my apprehension.

For instance, 1 John 1:9 says "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness." Now, for me at this moment, the glory of 1 John 1:9 is not so much that God is faithful; that is expected. But, that in forgiving my sins God is also just is incredible. How can that be? I am are horrible sinner. How could God forgive me and still be just?

A few verses later we find out how this could be: "But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. He is the propitiation for our sins..." Now that is glorious! God is just in forgiving my sins is the result of my Advocate's work on my behalf! Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment