Saturday, July 14, 2012

Summer Reading

Here is a brief post on some of the books I plan to read this summer.


Currently, I am reading Moby Dick, the classic whaling tale by Herman Melville. I am thoroughly enjoying this novel and recommend it despite the fact I am only about a third of the way through it. Following this, my fictional reading will likely be a re-read of The Road by Cormac McCarthy as well as a first time read of Fifth Business by Robertson Davies.

In the non-fiction genre, on cue this summer are the following:
  • The Doctrine of the Word of God by John Frame (almost finished)
  • Literature: A Student's Guide by Louis Markos
  • Holiness by J. C. Ryle
  • Reformed Dogmatics by Herman Bavinck
  • Institutes of the Christian Religion by John Calvin (working through this slowly for a year now)
  • Charity and Its Fruits by Jonathan Edwards
Also, along the lines of reading, I have been working on two posts that have reading as their focal point. First, a discussion of my focused reading program on the atonement. Second, a description of how I read the 'big books'; that is, my technique for getting through longer works (500+ pages).

I hope you have a great summer of reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment